River Dargle Flood Defence Scheme-Update
This is a brief summary of the works that are being undertaken in the next couple of days on site, to maintain and manage areas that were under construction:
Main Street Sewer Works
Necessary maintenance sewer works will be carried between the Quinnsboro Road junction and the bridge from 6pm on Sunday.
River Dargle Flood Defence Schem Press Statement
Bray Town Council wish to advise that construction on the River Dargle Flood Defence Scheme has been suspended due to events beyond the control of either party. SIAC Construction Ltd. will demobilise immediately.
The aim of the Finance department in Bray Town Council is:
"To deliver effective financial management of Council resources."
Finance Counter Opening Hours:
9:00 - 1:00
2:00 - 5:00
The Finance Section deals with the short and long term financing of all the Council's operations, both of a Revenue and Capital nature.
- Monitoring and controlling income and expenditure
- Arranging borrowing/leasing requirements
- Treasury Management
The Council also ensures that statutory and financial accounting principles, which apply to all money paid by or to the Council, are complied with.
The Council's revenue and day-to-day expenditure is defrayed from sources such as:
- Commercial rates
- Local Government Fund
- Government grants
- Housing rents, planning fees, commercial water charges and other fees.
The main sections within Finance are:
The Annual Budget
- Finance department prepares overall revenue budget in consultation with the Town Manager.
- Presents it to the Members for adoption at annual budget meeting.
The Annual Financial Statement
- Produced annually and shows financial results of previous year.
- Presented to members at council meeting.
- Accounts are audited by local government auditor.
Payment of Commercial Rates, water charges, traffic fines, administration of Housing Loan Accounts.
- Registration of all invoices received.
- All invoices processed centrally in the Accounts Payable Section.
- Completion of Purchase to Pay cycle with weekly cheque run.
- Prompt Payments Report 01-07-11 to 30-09-11 PDF
- Prompt Payments Report 01-10-11 to 30-12-11 PDF
- Prompt Payments Report 01-01-12 to 31-03-12 PDF
- Prompt Payments Report 01-04-12 to 30-06-12 PDF
- Prompt Payments Report 01-07-12 to 30-09-12 PDF
- Prompt Payments Report 01-10-12 to 31-12-12 PDF
- Prompt Payments Report 01-01-13 to 31-03-13 PDF
- Prompt Payments Report 01-04-13 to 30-06-13 PDF
- Prompt Payments Report 01-07-13 to 30-09-13 PDF
This involves the payment of weekly wages and the fortnightly payment of salaries and pensions.
The Council's Insurance portfolio is administered by Finance Department. The main areas of activity are:
- Public Liability Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Fire and Motor Insurance